Grimaldi Important Information
If you are planning to travel on one of the Grimaldi Freighter Cruises it is
important to read the following information.
• It is the sole responsibility of the
passenger to have all personal documentation as well as of the vehicle
in full order for the disembarkation at the port of destination.
• All passengers have to be in possess of
a travel insurance covering accidents, medical assistance and
repatriation. Citizens of the European Union travelling on itineraries
calling only at EU ports can travel with the European Card for Medical
Assistance. The Master has the right to refuse boarding to any passenger
not matching this requirement.
• Pets and animals cannot be accepted
• Children from 2 to 11 years, 50% discount
• Age limit 85 years. Passengers 79 years and over at time of
embarkation need a doctor’s certificate stating their fitness to travel
on a cargo vessel.
• All information and fares subject to modification even without notice.
Passenger embarkation and disembarkation
• Our passenger fares include port taxes.
Any costs arising for custom clearance of baggage and any costs for
transport within the port area or to and from the port are at
passenger’s expense and have to be paid on the spot.
Accompanied vehicle embarkation and
• All cost arising for embarking and
disembarking the vehicle, for custom clearance, any documentation
required or other are at the passenger’s expense and have to be paid on
the spot. If local use does not allow the vehicle to be driven on or off
the vessel by the passenger, all stevedoring costs to be paid by the
passenger on the spot.
• In ports where the assistance of a local custom agent or broker or
other type of agent is required, the costs involved have to be paid by
the passenger on the spot Transport of accompanied vehicle.
• The fare for accompanied vehicle includes exclusively the transport on
board from the port of origin to the port of destination.
• Any passenger accompanied vehicle is carried exclusively at the terms
of carriage of cargo (used car), In particular the Owner does not accept
any liability for damage or missing items of whatever nature and for
whatever reason. We recommend to buy appropriate insurance coverage.
• Are considered cars (fare code V1) only pure passenger cars (inc. 4WD,
SUV) not exceeding 5 meter in length, and with a maximum “L+H” value of
7 meters. . Any other type of vehicle, even if less than 5 m long, is
charged a Camping Car tariffs.(V2, V3, V4)
• Only vehicles accompanied by the legal owner as per car log book can
be accepted as “accompanied vehicles”. Otherwise they have to be
forwarded as cargo.
• Any vehicle longer than 8,50 meters, wider than 2,40 meters, higher
than 3.40 meters or carrying commercial goods to be shipped as cargo.
• If the actual measurements of the vehicle (over all) exceed those
given at time of booking, the client will be charge twice the difference
in fare, payable before embarkation if the fact is discovered at the
port of departure, or before disembarkation if the fact is discovered
when the vehicle is already on board the vessel.
Safety and Security
• All persons when boarding the vessel
are subject to control and search
• All items carried by persons boarding the vessel will be searched
Currency on board
• Italian flag vessels, EURO
• Swedish flag vessels, US Dollar
• No smoking is allowed inside the
On board only limited stock and selection of alcoholic beverages is
• All passengers are reminded that
alcoholic beverages should be consumed with moderation. The Master is
authorized to limit the sales of alcoholic drinks. It is not allowed to
bring on board alcoholic beverages purchased ashore.
• All itineraries are for
information only and subject to change at any time, even without
previous notice. Ports of call can be dropped any time.
Circular Voyage fares
• Are valid only for circular voyages
Passengers, luggage and accompanied
vehicles are carried exclusively at the General Conditions of the